Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I finally jumped in and painted the den.  It has been on my "list" since we bought the house, but kept falling to the bottom of said list, with other projects taking precedence.  I hated severely disliked the old dark paneling, and we really wanted to rip it out and start fresh, but since we have the sunroom project in full swing, Jim said it would have to wait for awhile. 

But, alas, I couldn't stand it anymore, so I decided to paint the paneling for now and rip it out when we have time to do it right.  I put two coats of Kilz and 3 coats of paint on it, and I like the difference that it made in the otherwise small space.  Here are a few pics of the project.  I took pictures of the different stages, but, Einstein that I am, I didn't realize that my SD card wasn't in the camera!!! So, I just have a picture that I took a few months ago, followed by some of what it looks like now.  I think it's an improvement.





Here is a picture of a bed and quilt that Mom and Ronnie gave us last month for one of our spare rooms.  Thanks Mom!  I love it!  =)


Oh, and I noticed a lot of typos in my posts from vacation, but don't tell anyone.  (Especially my students!) because I don't plan to go back and correct them anytime soon.  =D

When I took the imaginary pictures of the progress on the den, I also took some of Jim running a jackhammer, taking out the steps on the front porch that go to the breezeway.  He had to take them out, and will have to fill back in with concrete before building the front wall on the sunroom.  Anyway, since I don't have those pictures, either, here are some of his progress on the concrete and also the beginning stages of tearing out the other wall.



We have three large windows and a set of French doors ready to go in....can't wait!  Oh, and he also moved the dirt out behind the breezeway, because when we get the French doors in, we plan to build a small patio there.=)

No comments: